CT and USG guided pain management
CT Guided Pain Management
People may go to great lengths to find a solution for their physical pain. But only the right treatment can give the desired results. Getting a clear picture of what is causing the pain helps in the treatment process. A computerized tomography (CT) uses a combination of X-ray and a computer to produce pictures of the organs, bones, and other tissues inside the human body.
The procedure is highly effective in detecting internal injuries caused as a result of an accident or other trauma. A CT scan gives a detailed image of all the body parts which helps in the effective diagnosis of a disease or an injury. A CT scan is more detail-oriented than a normal X-ray.
When to consider a CT scan?
Computerized Tomography is useful under the following situations:
- To identify internal injuries and internal bleeding
- To monitor cancer, heart diseases, and liver masses
- To check the effectiveness of cancer treatment
- To diagnose and detect bone disorders
- To locate a tumor or the site of an infection
- To guide surgery and radiation therapy
What Happens During the Procedure?
- A CT scan is a painless procedure which gets over within thirty minutes at the least
- The patient is made to lie down in a motorized table which slides through the opening into a tunnel
- Sometimes straps are used to help the patient stay in position
- As the table moves towards the scanner, detectors and X-ray tube rotate around the patient
- Each rotation of the detectors and X-ray tube yields images of the body
CT Guided Pain Management at Dhyan
- Computerized Tomography is effectively used at Dhyan Health Care for pain management
- Pain that cannot be managed through an ultrasound scan and the c-arm machine is effectively diagnosed through a CT scan
- Dr. Sivakumar is one of the very few doctors in India who does CT Guided Pain Management
- A CT scan is chosen to get clear images of the affected area of the body
- A patient suffering from ribcage disorders can resort to a CT scan
- CT scan for pain management is rarely practiced in the Clinic owing to the amount of radiation emitted during the procedure
Dr. Sivakumar and his team offer one of the finest treatments for your condition which aids in faster recovery. Book an appointment now and get effectively diagnosed for your health condition at Dhyan Healthcare.
USG Guided Pain Management
Find Relief from Pain with USG Guided Pain Management
Any kind of prolonged pain (mild or severe) demands immediate attention. But thanks to the development in the biotech field that a wide variety of options exist today which allow patients to receive the best treatment for his or her condition.Choosing the finest and the required treatment is the first step in the process of recovery.
An ultrasound sonography (USG) test uses high-frequency sound waves to examine the internal organs of the body. The procedure gives a clear picture of the structure and the movement of the internal organs.
An ultrasound is commonly used to scan a woman’s abdomen, pelvic cavity, and her reproductive system. It also gives the image of the fetus in pregnant women.
When Do You Need an Ultrasound Sonography Test?
Taking an ultrasound test helps to examine the internal organs inside the abdominal cavity. Men above the age of 65 also resort to an ultrasound test to check for abdominal aortic aneurysm or the enlargement of the abdominal aorta. Other reasons for taking an ultrasound test are:
- To detect a tumor in the organ
- To identify the source of abdominal pain
- To examine the shape and position of an organ
- To check the presence of stones in the kidney
- To look for inflammation in the pelvic area
- To examine the development of the fetus
What Happens During the Test?
- The patient is made to wear a comfortable hospital gown
- Any metal or jewellery that may interfere with the test is removed
- The patient is made to lie in a comfortable position
- Lubricating jelly is applied in the abdominal area
- An instrument called transducer is used to transmit ultrasound waves into the body
- The test gives clear images of the organs in the abdominal cavity
- The whole process is completed within thirty minutes
USG Guided Pain Management at Dhyan
- At Dhyan, Ultrasound is used effectively in pain management
- This is a bedside procedure and needs no perior preparation and the patient can return back to his normal works in the same day
- Ultrasound-Guided injections help to significantly reduce musculoskeletal pain
- Ultrasound-Guided injections help in palliative care which aims to find relief from the symptoms of serious illness
- The radiation emitted is comparatively low in an ultrasound test
- The test can be done on the bedside which is convenient for patients having mobility issues
- The test gives a clear picture of the tissues and blood vessels in the body
At Dhyan Healthcare, Dr. Sivakumar and his team help you find relief for your health condition. Find effective treatment for your severe pain. Visit Dhyan Healthcare for effective results.